The 2017 Festival Vendors
Mocktail Bar, presented by Ray Letoa from Coco at the Roxy
New Festival addition is the Mocktail Bar (non alcoholic cocktails).
Presented by well known cocktail champion and hospitality guru Ray Letoa.
CoCo At The Roxy is known for its flavour driven menu and creative bar scene. Now for the first time at Wellington Wine & Food festival, we’re here to present the best little Mocktail Bar in town! Take a break from the booze and pay our award winning mixologist, Ray Letoa a visit. He’s here to whip up a storm in a cocktail glass, proving his most celebrated cocktail creations can be just as fun without the hard liquor!
Three hot favourites to choose from:
-The iconic Miramar Fizz Pop
-The enchanting Karma Rendezvous
-The classic Roxy Rocketeer”
Beer & Cider
Here at Crooked, we have devices that make apples talk. When our fruit leaves this world, it’s not without a sigh of relief. Simply put, we extract the essence of what nature so perfectly nurtured. The truth is within.
ENJOY – CROOKED CIDER.
No Added Sugar, 100% NZ Apples, Locally sourced Fruit, Gluten Free
Why? Because we care, that’s why.
Duncan’s is a community of like-minded people who appreciate great tasting beer. We like to take a modern twist on classic flavours which nod to the past and future. Established in 2014 and based in Kāpiti, we are a growing and family-owned brewing company. We are eagerly awaiting the opening of Duncan’s Brewery in 2017.
Pilsner A classic Czech Pils, but bolder. Smooth, dry and malty with floral notes of citrus and spice. For those who like their pilsner with a little more oomph.
Pale Ale Our flagship beer. A dry beer with plenty of citrus and caramel body.
Super Fluid A new beer to the Duncan’s lineup. This XPA is loaded with Citra and Riwaka hops. Contrary to its low ABV, it can still pack a punch.
- Pale Ale
- Super Fluid XPA (New Release)
Funk Estate is the work of 3 young Wellington beer enthusiasts drawn together by our passion for a pint. We launched our first beer, a Black IPA in May 2012 to great success. Since late 2014, we’ve really been pushing hard on getting our beers out around Wellington and the rest of the country. We’re about making brews from across the spectrum; releasing limited runs of big, bold and sometimes outrageous beers, as well as holding down a solid line-up of tasty drops.
Seek us out. Stay Funky.
- Parleyer Pilsner
- Oh Lordy Pale Ale
- Rock Steady XPA
- Jungle Boogie Blood Orange Sour
Good George Brewing
Good George came to life after a bunch of friends got together and decided after years in hospitality and brewing it was time to create their own craft beer brand. Their main motivation was they wanted to show people what great beer can be, convert drinkers from the norm and show them how to enjoy fantastic beer. Their belief was that beer can be so much better and more rewarding. It shouldn’t be bland, full of chemicals, mass produced and boring. Nor should it be hard, pretentious or scary. Exploring and drinking beer should be enjoyable, simple and really rewarding.
- Doris Plum Cider
- Scarlett Peach Cider
Kereru Brewing Co. brews British and European style craft beers made with the finest New Zealand-grown ingredients available, including Gladfield malts, Nelson hops, and many more ingredients that celebrate the marvellous qualities and flavours which are part of our local landscape.
- Big Pigeon Pilsner
- Yellowhead IPA
- Guavaweiss Wheat/ Sours
- Maidstone Lager
Three Wise Birds
Three Wise Birds are crushing their families Hawkes Bay apples, but they’re doing it in their jandals because they say it must be NZ style cider. Having grown up in the orcharding industry we know we grow some of the best apples in the world here. Our approach to cider making is simple, let’s use these world class eating apples to make a NZ style of cider, something that appeals to the kiwi drinker and steers clear of tradition. For us NZ style cider is something that is clean, crisp and refreshingly sessionable and is made from great NZ apples.
- Bach Life Granny Smith Cider
- Gone Bush Hopped Cider
Distributor and Importer of Fine Boutique Wines from Wineries in New Zealand and Portugal.
For the Festival we are tasting some wonderful Hawkes bay Wines from Linden Estate
– 2016 Sauvignon Blanc, Barrel aged and fermented, tropical wonderful notes of passionfruit and flesh stone fruit
– 2015 Pinot Gris with flavours of orange blossom, apricots and pear,
– 2013 Chardonnay, with an impressive toasty French oak nose, golden colour, and subtle citrus, rich creamy palette
– 2016 Linden Estate Non Alcoholic Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc Bubbles
From Casa Santos Winery in Portugal, we are Tasting three Multi Award Winning beautiful luscious Wines,
– Galodoro 2014, the Golden Rooster, awarded best value Red in Portugal 2015, easy drinking Tempranillo blend of wonderful ripe fruits
– Feiticiera: The Wicked Witch, Aromas of red fruits, vanilla and jam. Velvety notes of red ripe fruits evolving to hints of chocolate, spices and prunes, delicate spice with a longer after taste
– Valcatrina: The Pheasant Label – Syrah based selection, everyones’ favourite pick
Deep Ruby colour with a good concentration on the nose, Rich aromas of black ripe fruit with notes of spice from ageing in Oak barrels, and a rich elegant, long after taste
- Linden Estate Sauvignon Blanc
- Linden Estate Pinto Gris
- Linden Estate Chardonnay
- Linden Estate Non Alcoholic Sparkling Bubbles
- Casa Santos Galodoro
- Casa Santos Feiticiera
- Casa Santos Valcatrina
P: 04 471 4150
Gladstone Vineyard wines are exquisite world class wines, handcrafted with elegance, style and texture.
Easy to drink and food friendly, yet with great aging potential, the wines are true to the vineyard.
Our principal varieties are the internationally acclaimed Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Gris
- Gladestone Vineyard Bubbles
- Gladestone Vineyard Rose
- Gladestone Vineyard Viognier
- 12,000 Miles Pinot Gris
- 12,000 Miles Pinot Noir
Luna is the story of two great Martinborough Vineyard sites. Our Puruatanga road vineyard feeds on the ancient riverbeds of the famous Martinborough terraces. Blue Rock vineyard, located 11km South of the village is unique in the region as being the only hillside site, planted on top of limestone and clay in the rolling hills of Dry River Road. With pristine fruit we craft great wines of elegance and distinction.
- Luna Riesling
- Luna Sauvignon Blanc
- Luna Rose
- Luna Pinot Noir
Tiki Wine and Vineyards
Haere Mai (Welcome) to TIKI, a new and exciting New Zealand vineyard producing a range of award-winning wines.
Unique to TIKI are our vineyards in the Upper Wairau Valley in Marlborough. TIKI is the only New Zealand winery making wines exclusively sourced from this sub-region.
It is an important part of TIKIs company philosophy to be environmentally responsible and to operate using sustainable practices. As a family-owned New Zealand business, we believe we have a responsibility to ensure that our natural resources are protected for future generations.
Our wines are made by leading New Zealand winemaker, Evan Ward, who brings nearly 30 years experience to the TIKI brand portfolio.
- Tiki Estate Marlborough Sav Blanc
- Tiki Estate Marlborough Pinot Gris
- Tiki Estate Hawkes Bay Chardonnay
- Tiki Estate Marlborough PN Rose
- Tiki Estate Marlborough Pinot Noir
Whitehaven Wines & No1 Family Estate
Every bottle of WHITEHAVEN wine proudly carries the anchor insignia, the distinctive quality marque of one of New Zealand’s most respected family wine companies.
- Whitehaven Sauvignon Blanc
- Mansion House Pinot Gris
- Mansion House Chardonnay
- Whitehaven Rose
- Mansion House Pinot Noir
- No1 Family Estate Bubbles
Wineseeker is a fine wine shop based in Central Wellington, specialising in quality wines from New Zealand and around the world. Wineseeker is locally owned by avid wine lovers, managed and staffed by an enthusiastic and personable team. We are 100% independent and source our wines from a wide collection of individual vineyards, importers, and distributors. We aim to go above and beyond to meet your wine needs and we’ll happily make recommendations for you and customise gift packs. If you have special requests or are trying to source something specific please let us know.
- Matahiwi Blanc de Blanc (sparkling wine)
- 1749 Sauvignon Blanc
- Thistle Ridge Pinot Gris
- Mansion House Bay Rose
- Michel Torino Cabernet Sauvignon
Food is valuable in Afrika so we don’t waste it. Our menu changes depending on what is available in our cupboard or at the markets. We use halal meats and seasonal ingredients sourced locally.
FESTIVAL MENU – All DF & GF
Artisan Dining House / Bolton Hotel
Artisan is about good food. That’s food with a story and service, not a science. It’s honest. It’s food you’ll remember next year. The occasion might pass but you want the memory to last. With menus by our Executive Chef MacLean Fraser, Artisan Dining House is open 7 days and located on level 1 of the Bolton Hotel, Wellington’s only independent 5 star boutique hotel.
FESTIVAL MENU – V & GF option on menu
- Roast Longbush Pork Slider with pickled cucumber, apple mustard and cress. $8
- Wild Venison Meatballs w piquant tomato sauce and Zany Zeus smoked brinza $8
- Homemade agria potato wedges with chilli butter (V & GF) $8
At Boquita we believe food should be nourishing for you, for the planet and for everyone involved in making your food. We offer a range of delicious, easy, organic and plant-based Mexican meals, perfect for a nutritious speedy lunch, take-home or easy eat-in dinner. We believe in making food fresh, buying our produce locally, and choosing suppliers who care for the planet and their people.
FESTIVAL MENU – All DF, GF & Vegan
- Pumpkin, Kumara, Leek & almond salsa: $7
- Chipotle braised tempeh with seasonal vege: $7
- Roasted cauliflower, kimchi & salsa: $7
- Cauliflower Ceviche: $7
- Totopos with salsa: $7(Everything on our menu is vegan, gluten free and dairy free)
P: 04 388 2451
The Crab Shack is a coastal/Cape Cod themed casual dining and drinking experience. Specialising in seafood with a special emphasis on crab yet including other fabulous meals. “By the Scoop”, “Shack boards” are all included on our menu.
The Crab Shack provides fun, smiles and frivolity in a casual yet entertaining environment. Affordable is an understatement, check out our daily deals today!
FESTIVAL MENU – V & GF option on menu
Moroccan spiced calamari / aioli / lemon $8.00
Rattle ya Daggs – Hawkes Bay lamb rump burger $8.00 / beetroot chutney / onion rings / feta & rocket pesto
Crab taco – soft shell crab / pickled ginger & wasabi $8.00 tobiko mayo / coriander / spring onion / chilli / togarashi
Halloumi taco – crispy corn taco shell / grilled halloumi $8.00 / chilli corn salsa / guacamole (V & GF)
Foxglove Bar & Kitchen
Foxglove Bar & Kitchen is perched in a fantastic spot on Queens Wharf, an expansive building with three decks adorned with daybeds that overlook the ocean. Three unique bars offer smoked old fashioneds, martinis anyway you like and one of the biggest whisky selections in Wellington through the secret wardrobe; a roaring fireplace, comfy sofas and board games upstairs and a touch of 1940’s glamour throughout. The bar menu is served everywhere and a more formal service is offered in the restaurant downstairs.
Thanks to the skills of new head chef Tim, Foxglove offers a fresh yet traditional menu made up of small plates, platters, gourmet burgers, salads and larger plates. So whether it’s catching up with friends for a small bite on the sunny deck, or enjoying a three-course meal in the restaurant, the seasonal, locally sourced menu has something for every occasion.
FESTIVAL MENU – DF, GF & V options
- Sautéed prawn salad with mung beans, bok choy, toasted cashew nuts (GF) (DF): $6
- Zany Zeus halloumi salad with chilli roast broccoli, thyme garlic mushroom, spinach & hazelnut vinaigrette (V) (GF) (DF on req): $6
- Sousvide Ribyeye with grilled onions, provolone and a Clareville Hogi Roll: $7
- White chocolate Rocky Road: White Chocolate, dried fruits, hokey pokey, shortbread and marshmallows: $4
- Chocolate Rocky Road: Chocolate, dried fruits and nuts and rolled in shredded coconut (GF) (DF) (Vegan): $4
Hillside Kitchen & Cellar and The Ramen Shop
Hillside Kitchen & Cellar serves up modern kiwi food in a relaxed environment, using the very best of what New Zealand produces, still in the city but out of the rat race.
A Ramen Shop with a kiwi twist.
We follow the same principles as a ramen shop in Japan however we are not looking to replicate their flavour, but create our own.
We make our noodles in house in the style of traditional chukamen, using only flour and alkaline water.
We focus on local produce and products.
All our meats and eggs are free range.
FESTIVAL MENU – DF, GF & V options
- Whitebait fritter on our sourdough $8
- Strawberries with steamed meringue & basil (V) $5
- Dashi waffle with chicken karaage $8
- Shoyu Shiitake Ramen (V &DF, Vegan on req) $8
- Pork belly bun $5
AOTEAROA ON A PLATE…. Boasting some of the best Māori cuisine in Wellington, from our modern style Hāngi, to our Pacifica Raw Fish and traditional Māori desserts such as Roroi Kumara. Karaka Cafe is pleased to bring these tastes of the tangata whenua to you, at the Wine and Food Festival. Nau mai, haere mai, see you there.
- Pacific Style Raw Fish: lemon cured fresh fish in coconut cream $7
- Kaimoana plate: whitebait fritter, creamed paua, titi parfait, served with rewena crostini $8
- Hāngi: house smoked pork, stuffing, kumara and watercress garnish, served with rewena bread $8
- Maori fried bread with golden syrup, jam and butter $5
We love burgers – simple, well made burgers that really hit the spot. We’re not looking to re define the burger, just make bloody good ones, because that’s what we love to do.
We appreciate fresh produce & getting our supplies from our mates down the road – because the humble burger should have humble beginnings too.
The road to the perfect burger is paved with passion – and with that we bring you three of our best bambino’s that grew from idea’s to plates in our Courtenay Place kitchen.
Mishmosh Bambino Burgers (3 options):
- Poached prawn & crayfish burger with potato chips & sriracha $8
- Pulled pork burger with kimchi & prawn crackers $8
- Pulled beef burger with cheese fondue & stuffing crumb $8
St Johns Restaurant & Bar and Arborist Rooftop Bar & Eatery
St Johns Bar and Restaurant – on the Wellington Waterfront is where delicious food, drinks and good company all come together. Enjoy dining in the restaurant, socialising in the bar and relaxing on the lawns.
With outstanding food, friendly service and the best beers in the world…..where else would you go?
Arborist Rooftop Bar & Eatery – The decor is rustic but the food is anything but. Seared and smoked beef with pine needle ash, wild venison backstrap with spiced kumara foam, wakame’ and zucchini noodle salad with chilli mayo and green beans, these are a few of the dishes we offer here at The Arborist Rooftop Bar and Eatery. With a focus on fresh and local ingredients our chefs can often be found roaming the hills of wellington, foraging for seasonal ingredients to be used in the kitchen. You would be amazed at what they can find right in our backyard!
Our menu is based around a selection of small plates and we recommend sharing with your friends and family to get the most out of the menu. There is a wide range available with all dietary requirements catered for. If you are in the mood to indulge try one of our award winning burgers.
- Tamarind and Lime Pork Belly Skewer Chipotle Chicken Thigh Skewer Coriander Mayo $8 each, 2 for $12
- Southern smokey maple fried chicken with blue cheese dip: $6
- Spicy popcorn cauliflower with lemon and lime yoghurt: $6
- Dark chocolate mousse with orange crumb and freeze dried berries (Vegan): $6
Sushil’s Tasty Manna
Masterchef NZ contestant serving some of the dishes the judges raved about on the show in his Gourmet Indian Fusion Street Food Stall. Menu to include his famous Beef Panthras, Chicken Tikka Burrito and Veggie Paneer Croquettes served with some delicious sauces. Check out his facebook page and website for more details,
FESTIVAL MENU – GF option on request
- Beef Panthras (Indian Spiced beef mince wrapped in a thin crepe & deep fried in golden crumb) – $8
- Veggie Paneer Croquettes (Indian cottage cheese and mixed vegetables delicately flavoured with aromatic spices and deep fried in golden crumb) – $8
- Chicken Tikka Burrito (Grilled Chicken pieces marinated in yoghurt & aromatic spices wrapped in soft tortilla with savoury rice & fresh salsa – GF on req) – $8
- Katsu Curry Burger (Panko crumbed chicken thigh pieces served with fragrant curry sauce and coleslaw placed in a burger bun) – $8
- Indian Souvlaki wrap (Succulent grilled pork pieces infused with Indian spices served with fresh salsa and creamy tzatziki sauce wrapped in a fluffy pita) – $8
The Bresolin & Tommy Millions
The Bresolin – is a unique bar, restaurant & courtyard set in a restored Edwardian villa on upper Willis St
Tommy Millions – makes Wellington’s favourite pizza!
- Margherita Pizza – tomato, mozzarella, fresh basil: $5
- Pepperoni Pizza – tomato, mozzarella, salami: $5
- Braised Pork Sub – slow cooked pork, salsa verde, housemade milk bun: $8
- Green Goddess Salad – zucchini & green bean salad w coconut dressing (Vegan): $8